FPASA is seeking a Personal Assistant who will provide high level business support services to the Executive Director: Insurance Projects while always maintaining the highest level of professional and confidential standards. This role requires an individual who can self-manage priorities, multi-task, has strong attention to detail, handles tasks with discretion and appropriately addresses sensitive/confidential information based on the style of their manager and the Organisation.
The Fire Protection Association of Southern Africa (FPASA) was established in 1973 to provide a specialized fire safety management technical and training service to industry, commerce, fire and rescue services and society at large. Over the years the Association has developed a range of membership options and technical, training and fire safety management services that are recognized for their quality, professionalism, and value. Today the role of the FPASA covers fire safety Education, Information, Advice, Consultancy and Training (Fire College).
- Arrange appointments, and Board meeting preparation for the Executive Director: Insurance Projects.
- To offer secretarial support e.g. preparing reports based on current project work, proof reading, editing etc.
- Able to use IoS/ Android applications as well as linked to desktop app usage after training.
- Engage with stakeholders and clients for data collection.
- Report preparation from data collection.
- Review of reports.
- Data analysis and reporting.
- Trustworthiness, discretion, and responsibility.
- To supervise the administration section of the FPASA including receipt, allocation, and successful completion of document preparation projects for management, operations and any other sections
- To perform administration duties for the Executive and her team.
- Plan travel, including flights, accommodation, and ground transportation.
- May need to travel from time-to-time in this role especially for data collection and new/ existing projects that may arise.
- Quality Management, ensure compliance with the relevant QMS processes and procedures as per the FPASA Quality Management System.
- To promote all FPASA services.
- Other duties as determined from time-to-time by executive management.
Experience & Qualifications
- Quick learner
- Minimum of 1 year secretarial/ personal assistant experience.
- Computer literacy is a necessity.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Suitable administrative qualifications at a tertiary level.