The Fire Protection Association of Southern Africa (FPASA) is seeking an Administrative Officer to join our team and support our daily office duties. A successful Administrative Officer will act as the point of contact for all employees and clients, providing administrative support and managing their queries. Email:
- Coordinating the detailed content/ requirements to be included as part of the training and tender documentations/ database with the relevant procurement team members.
- Registering on venders/ tenders’ databases.
- Assisting on courses coordination at the College.
- Assist with key tender milestones in concert with tender administration processes to ensure they are accurately completed in order to meet deadlines.
- Updating and maintaining the college quotations register inclusive of both training and technical related quotations.
- Course control sheets forwarded to accounts department for invoicing, credit notes when required including fire advisory work.
- Participating on the development of new course materials and the accreditation process with the SETA’s as applicable.
- Support and manage training and tenders flowing from all Platforms.
- Manage the storing of all documentation relating to training and tenders.
- Raise potential risks and issues in relation to the tender process, as necessary.
- Proven effective time management skills with the ability to prioritise and remain focused.
- Strong business acumen, communication, and negotiation skills
- Ability to work with others to ensure success in the performance of a team.
- Grade 12 Certificate,
- Office Administration Qualification (Diploma, N6, Certificate) Diploma in Public Administration or Equivalent relevant Qualification.
- Proven work experience as an Administrative Officer, Administrator, or similar role.
- Solid knowledge of office procedures
- Experience with office management software like MS Office (MS Excel and MS Word, specifically).
- Strong organization skills with a problem-solving attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.